Entrance Exam Information
Date: Saturday, December 1, 2018
Time: Exam begins promptly at 8:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
Arrive by 8:00 a.m.
- No Calculators allowed
- All test materials are provided
- Refreshments available
About the Entrance Exam & Preparation
Benet Academy administers the HSPT (High School Placement Test) for the standardized entrance exam.
The best preparation for the exam is the daily work and effort throughout the elementary and junior high years. Benet Academy does not endorse or encourage test prep courses, however, as many inquiries are received about additional preparation, the following may serve helpful.
- HSPT preparation comment from the test publisher
- HSPT test prep tool - a Google search for HSPT test prep will help locate other resources.
- Several publishing companies offer review materials and practice tests for the STS High School Entrance Exam. These can be purchased at most area bookstores and include test-taking tips, like doing your best in your 8th grade classes, getting a good night's sleep and eating breakfast.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Should I pre-register for the entrance exam? Is there a fee for the entrance exam?
A: You must complete an Application for Freshman Admission and submit all required materials before sitting for the entrance exam.
Q: Several schools are testing on the same day. Does it matter if I take the entrance exam at Benet?
A: Benet Academy considers only those students who tested at Benet.
Q: When is the deadline to complete the application?
A: Benet Academy requests registration prior to the test day. After that, please call 630-719-2782
Q: After I register and pay for the entrance exam, do I need to do anything else to apply to Benet?
A: After you register for the entrance exam, additional documentation is required to complete the process.
1. A photocopy of your child's grade report cards from this year and the previous year.
2. A photocopy of your child's most recent standardized test results.
Email: Molly Bush, Admissions Secretary, firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: What time should I arrive? What should I wear? Where do I go?
A: Plan on arriving at Benet by 8:30 a.m. if you are registered for the exam (8:15 a.m. if not). Students can be dropped off most easily at the St.. Ronald Gym Entrance on the West side of campus. Click here to view campus map. Benet students will be available to help traffic flow and to direct parents and students to Alumni Gym. From there students will be escorted to their assigned rooms for the test. Students should dress comfortably as the test is several hours long. A break will be provided.
Q: What should I bring or not bring?
A: Students should not bring a calculator. The use of calculators and dictionaries is prohibited. Pencil and paper will be provided.
Q: How many are accepted? What's the cutoff? When will I find out how I scored?
A: Please visit the admissions information page for more information.